Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Kanto Part 1: Crushing the Rock Master

Our journey began one day as I was cleaning out my closet. I noticed my old Gameboy Advanced SP sitting in a box with Fire Red already in the slot. It was as if fate had decided I should do a generations nuzlocke as I had just finished browsing r/nuzlocke, and seeing all these generations nuzlockes, and now I was being hit with this nostalgia trip. As is the motto of nuzlockes, you only live once...so I decided to go for it.

I was so excited to start my journey that I quickly leapt from my bed and rushed down the stairs. I ran past my mom and out the front door. Of course no one was out except for some dude wanting to talk to me about science, fyi I hate science, so I decide to ditch this town and make my way towards some excitement. As soon as I reach my freedom that is Route 1, Oak has to come around and be a buzzkill telling me "You need a Pokemon." and "It is dangerous to go alone." So I follow the old man back to his lab to get a Pokemon of my own. His grandson, Kris, isn't too happy that I get first choice. Sucks to suck I think to myself as I reach for the Pokeball containing the water type Pokemon, Squirtle.

New Pokemon
Species: Squirtle
Name: LLCoolJ
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent

Apparently since I got to choose first, Kris thinks it is alright to be a jerk and challenges me to a battle. LL is able to take out his Bulbasaur despite an early crit against him and having to burn my early potion. I do some quick grinding on the road to Viridian City, pick up another free potion, and LL learns his first STAB move.  After a quick heal at the Poke Center, I pay the mart a visit and see what I can get with all this money burning a hole in my pocket. "Hey you came from Pallet Town? Prof. Oak's parcel came in, will you take it to him?" the clerk shouts at me from across the counter. I grab Oak's package and make my way back home...guess my adventure can wait. Oak decides to reward me with a Pokedex and some Pokeballs which I gladly accept and head to Route 1.

New Pokemon
Species: Rattata
Name: RatPack
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Guts

After the getting the obvious early game Pokemon, I make my way to Route 22.

New Pokemon
Species: Spearow
Name: Birdman
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Keen Eye

And with a turtle, a bird, and a rat, Route 2 is my next best visit.

New Pokemon
Species: Pidgey
Name: Yardbirds
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Keen Eye

I make my way into Viridian Forest just to scout out the landscape and catch a new Pokemon.

New Pokemon
Species: Caterpie
Name: TLC
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Shield Dust

Before making my way completely through Viridian Forest, I decide to let RatPack and Yardbirds take a nice rest in the PC and continue on with only 3. I hate bugs so I quickly go through the forest while training TLC and Birdman. Through some love and care, TLC evolves into Butterfree and we exit the forest. I quickly head to the center and heal, buy some potions, and advance towards the Pewter City Gym. This kid, Liam told me I was "lightyears from facing Brock", so I had LL blow bubbles in his face and move past him.

Pewter City Showdown
The battle with Brock began with Geodude and LL who quickly dispatched Geodude with a bubble. Brock then went to his reliable Onix who was no match for LL thanks to a crit bubble. LL gained two levels and we obtained our first badge!

Run Update
Team: 3

LLCoolJ the Squirtle
Level: 13
Water Gun
Bubble
Tackle
Withdraw

TLC the Butterfree
Level: 10
Confusion
Tackle
String Shot
Harden

Birdman the Spearow
Level: 8
Peck
Growl
Leer

Boxed: 2
RatPack the Rattata - Level 3
Yardbirds the Pidgey - Level 4

Deaths: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment